To celebrate, we will be doing something different here at The Inept Owl for our annual Powder Puff Picks column. Before, the rivalry was between staff writers such as Darby Shaw, Steve Elle, Rob Wheatley, and Evil Peyton Manning for bragging rights and a trophy that puts the Stanley Cup to shame. Each week the lines for each NFL game would be set, they would pick their winners and write up game commentary for your amusement.
This year, you can call them out.
We are inviting anyone, even if you’ve never even seen a football in your life, to participate in picking games this year. Don’t worry, you don’t need to write commentary. Here is how it will work.
1) Register merely by emailing email@example.com and putting “Powder Puff Picks” in the subject. We will confirm your registration and request your aliased name for public viewing.
2) Each Wednesday(due to Thursday games), we will put up the games and lines for that week. Copy and paste, fill in your picks for each game as well as a nickname, and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, 7:00pm EST with the subject line “Powder Puff Picks”.
3) Check back under the Puff Picks tab above after each day of football to see how you’re doing.
4) Repeat throughout the regular season, playoffs, Super Bowl, and even Pro Bowl.
5) Get into the top tier of players and win items such as 2013/2014 tickets, team helmets, jerseys, and other prizes.
6) Tell your friends! The more people who get involved, the more prizes will be available!
Be sure to keep updated with our Facebook page here, and be ready for Week 1 on September 5th!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) Prizes are only available to residents of the United States. All winners outside of the US will receive bragging rights only.
2) Limit one prize per household. P.O. Boxes will not be accepted.
3) Entrants must send entries using the correct contest entry email address, subject line, and any other specific entry information requested in the contest announcement.
4) The Inept Owl is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or emails sent or entries mailed but not received by The Inept Owl for any reason, as potential contest winners.
5) Winners of all contests will be contacted at the “sender” email used to enter the contest, and the person receiving and replying to the winner announcement email will be considered the winner unless they specify another person within the reply email as the winner. The Inept Owl will mail the contest prize to the address supplied by the recipient of the winner announcement email.
6) Only one entry per email address used to send the email or per postal address, if entry is mailed, will be considered for contest entry, unless multiple entries are specifically allowed in the contest posting. Unless otherwise specified in an individual contest post, no person may enter any contest more than once using multiple email addresses or postal addresses.
7) Claiming of prizes requires an email to The Inept Owl from the winning sender email address within 15 days of being notified of winning at the email used to enter. Failure to respond shall mean that the winner forfeits the prize. The Inept Owl is not required to award elsewhere any prizes forfeited by the chosen winner(s).
8 ) Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred.
9) Each prizewinner must supply The Inept Owl with his/her legal name, mailing address, birth date, daytime and nighttime telephone numbers.
10) Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred.
11) Neither The Inept Owl, The Inept Owl sponsors, nor employees of The Inept Owl or sponsors may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of usage of any winners of a prize once possession has been taken of the product by winner. The Inept Owl is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by The Inept Owl.
12) If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, The Inept Owl may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
13) Jersey choice is limited to current NFL teams and players, and does not include specialty jerseys. Specialty jerseys include, but are not limited to, throwback jerseys, Super Bowl jerseys, and autographed jerseys.
14) Powder Puff Picks has no affiliation with the National Football League or its employees.